Sunday, May 22, 2011

What's the matter with Britney?


Britney has entered the Femme Fatale era with great producers and a beautiful look. I've long argued that Britney isn't an artist, she is an entertainer. She isn't a very good songwriter, her voice is so-so, she clearly doesn't have a driving artistic viewpoint. Take the any random 10 songs from the last three studio albums and unless you are a super fan, I promise you wouldn't recognize a disorderly musical theme or identify which song was from which album originally. Its great pop music don't get me wrong but her purpose is to entertain.

She is failing. Her managers are failing. Her career is in BIG danger. Look at any of her "performances" from this new era and you see a consistent theme: Britney is disengaged, distant, vacant, bored, slow to react, confused and downright boring! She lacks energy and pizazz. I don't care that she lip-sings, I care that she at least pretend to care about what is going on around her.

Am I putting too much on Britney herself? Is she herself to blame? I don't know...

Maybe she is so drugged out of her mind that she can barely stand or focus or collect a thought.

I am honestly scared about what is going on in Camp Britney. Is anyone else paying attention? Do any of them care? Are they making too much money to care?

What's the matter with Britney?

No comments:

Post a Comment