Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Voice S1E3

The Voice was on tonight. I've fallen in love with the show. Christina is adorable. I'd still pick Cee-Lo as my coach. But let's get to tonights episode:

First up: Christina's team. Frenchie vs Tarralyn. Frenchie, if you remember (i sure do) was kicked off the 2nd season of american idol after the producers decided that a photo shoot she did from when she was 19yo didn't match with the family show image they wanted. She knocked the sox off "Band of Gold" in the Hollywood round (sang the duet with eventual 3rd place and highly underrated Kimberly Locke) I was rooting for Frenchie the moment she was dismissed from American Idol and I am so happy that she has a 2nd chance.

Now onto Blake Shelton: Where to begin?

First: he tweeted on May 5th "re-writing my fav Shania Twain song.. any man that tries touching my behind he's gonna be a beaten, bleedin', heaving kind of guy..." Homophobic violence much? He got the obvious scolding from the media, activists, blogs, and more than likely the producers. He tweets again on May 5th later "@gladd hey i want my fans and @nbcthevoice fans to know that anti-gay and lesbian violence is unacceptable!!!!! Help me!!!!! And DM me.." I am so confused, as were many about the "help me!!! and DM me.." huh? what? Apology?

Second: he choose Tyler (my dad doesn't know i'm a gay mormon) vs Patrick (cute all american traditional country heartthrob who fills out a pair of wranglers). Every other coach on the stage tonight said tyler did a better job. Tyler did a better job. and who does Blake choose? Patrick of coarse! Nothing against Patrick, but Tyler knocked that song out of the park and everyone knows it. Blake, what is wrong with you? You have to know this isnt going to help you.

Moving onto Adam's team: Casey vs Tim. Tim knew the song, Casey didn't Casey sand a beautiful rendition of "Leather and Lace" that reminded people of Stevie Nicks. Casey wins hands down. Good choice Adam. Smart choice. She is a cute girl with a great look and a very nice voice that I want to hear more of.

Cee-Lo: Niki vs Vicci singing Pink's "Perfect" (minus the f#$king, and i LOVE this song, and i LOVE pink!) The names rhyming didn't help me remember who was who, but in the end I am routing the one wearing plaid/gold pants over the girl with the squirel tail. (What was that fashion choice about) I love the wraspy quality to plaid/gold pants' voice, I think that's Vicci.

I look forward to next weeks show.

No comments:

Post a Comment