Thursday, August 6, 2009

Silly, just silly

UGH!
When I want to post a song of the day, I go to YouTube to find the video. It is a great way to highlight some of my favorite songs, new and old. I grab the embed code, and bring it on over and post it here. However, there are many music labels out there that disable the embed option on their artists' music videos, thus not allowing me to bring that content over to my little tiny blog. Isn't the point of a music video is that of selling the artist and the song and the album? Wouldn't it make more sense to allow people to spread the music far and wide to increase popularity of the song and artist? Wouldn't that maybe help sell more records and tickets? What is their concern about embeding the song? I'd love to showcase some great talent but in their over zealous protection they prevent that. I think that is just silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment